The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] EV-1 will not update Software
02-09-20, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-20 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] EV-1 will not update Software
I have successfully updated all software except the EV-1 sensor. I believe this is the cause of getting a 'no drive detected' message when engaging the autopilot.

Pictures attached of the system diagnostics and software:

e95 software version: v19.03
P70s software version: 3.09
ACU200 software version: 2.23
EV-1 software version: 3.01 (looks like current version should be 3.02 which has improvements to address the no drive detected issues).

I suspect I need to get the EV-1 updated to 3.02 but when trying to update from the SD card (or over WIFI) the system says no updates found/needed/required (something like that). I believe the EV-1 upgrade is this file: ray_Pilots-Web.upgrade.iso (note the fulxgate compass is showing a green steady LED light so I believe it is functioning correctly).

I've attempted to take steps as discussed in other threads:

1)Disconnected ACU200 and P70s entirely from the network
2)Added a separate 12V power source to power the network
3) Rebooted and attempted to just update the MDF/EV1 software (both via the SD card and the WIFI - system says no updates needed.
4) Also tried updating software with MDF/EV1 and P70s attached to network - same situation.

I've reviewed this forum and believe I've done all the steps/options - short of sending the EV1 for services are there any other suggestions (also I have the option of attending the Miami Boat show next weekend - would device service people there that could look at the device? I assume all I'd need to bring in is the EV-1 compass? ). Thanks Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] EV-1 will not update Software - jsb2010@gmail.com - 02-09-20 01:34 PM