Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DST800 with iTC-5 and e7D no speed
08-25-16, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-16 12:24 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: DST800 with iTC-5 and e7D no speed
George,

Q1) If you do not have the i70 /i70s in a system with the e7 and the itc would a system that has the depth, speed, and wind transducer installed still give you correct data?
A1) Not likely, particularly with regard to wind, speed, and temp data.

Q2) Without the itc do you get erratic transducer data on the e7.
A2) It is not expected that you would get any meaningful wind data without calibration of the wind transducer via an i70 / i70S MFID. For the other data items, it is expected that they would be stable when subject to the same environmental stimulus (i.e. depth below transducer, paddlewheel rotation, water temperature). Speed transducers have non-linear error associated with them and as such they are most accurate at the speed(s) which they have been calibrated. As the i70 / i70S support multi-point speed calibration, greater accuracy would be achieved across a wider range of speeds than would be supported by the single point speed calibration supported by i40/i50 speed sensing instruments.

Q3) Is it a correct statement to say, if you plan to use the itc device you must have the i70/i70s in the system as well.
A3) Yes, for the reasons stated above. That said, the corresponding data items will otherwise be populated with the un-calibrated data. It is additionally true that you must have an i70/i70S within the system if it includes a DST800 Smart Transducer.

Note: it may be necessary to use the Data Sources feature to specify the iTC-5 as the system's depth and speed data source.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DST800 with iTC-5 and e7D no speed - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-25-16 09:15 AM