The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i50, i60 primaries with i40 repeaters
08-18-16, 08:35 PM
i50, i60 primaries with i40 repeaters
I'm planning an electronics upgrade for our sailboat this Fall. The boat has two cockpits and I want the i50/i60 bundle plus a close-hauled display as my primary instruments in the working cockpit and two i40's as depth and speed repeaters in the forward cockpit. If I connect everything together per the following, can I get all of the instruments connected and still have one extra blue end for expansion for MFD and autopilot in the future? Port 1- Power. Port 2- Two i50's (with transducers connected to them) linked by a SeaTalk cable, then another SeaTalk cable to connect the pair to the converter. Port 3- i60 (wind with masthead transducer connected to it), linked by a SeaTalk cable to the i60 Close-Hauled display, then then another SeaTalk cable to connect the pair to the converter. Port 4- Two i40 repeater instruments (with no transducers) linked together by SeaTalk cable, then another SeaTalk cable to connect the pair to the converter. That should leave me Port 5 for an elbow spur cable to connect to a future ST1-STng converter for an MFD and autopilot. Is this too many instruments for the first converter bus and will the transducer data fed directly to a connected display be usable by the repeaters and by the i60 for True Wind calculation? I have attached a diagram for those that may be lost by my description.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and attention.

Brett
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
i50, i60 primaries with i40 repeaters - bcbit01 - 08-18-16 08:35 PM