The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CPT100 Transducer help
02-17-16, 04:09 PM
CPT100 Transducer help
CPT100 Transducer help
I am in the process of completely upgrading the majority of my electronic equipment on my boat and I have a few questions surrounding my setup which has not yet been installed on the boat.

I have attached a network diagram but basically I have an a125 MFD and two a78 MFDs. My a78s each came with a CPT-100 transducer and I also have an existing ST60 depth gauge and transducer.

My boat is twin inboards and I do understand that the transom mounted transducer is not effective at most speeds because of prop wash and turbulence around the transducer. With this in mind; I am still planning on installing so I can get temp and sonar at very slow speeds / when not moving.

Here are my questions:
1. Can I tell my MFDs to use the depth information from my ST-60 but still use the temperature and sonar from the CPT100?

2. Since I have 2 CPT100s; any benefit to installing both and connecting each one up to each of the a78 MFDs? (The a125 is the master MFD)

3. Any tips on location for inboards to get as much information as possible know that the prop wash will ultimately block good information?

Kindest regards and many thanks in advance for your assitance.

Jeff

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Raymarine Network Map.pdf (Size: 449.63 KB / Downloads: 386)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
CPT100 Transducer help - JNelson90 - 02-17-16 04:09 PM
RE: CPT100 Transducer help - JNelson90 - 02-24-16, 08:33 AM