The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C120 Classic MFD cursor key
09-27-16, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-27-16 09:50 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
C120 Classic MFD cursor key
In the past, our MFD's left cursor button went inoperative. Our workaround, until we got to shore and shipped it off for repair, was to go around the world via large scale and right cursor to put the cursor where we needed it. The MFD was subsequently repaired, but is now experiencing this problem again. As this has been addressed before (but long out of warranty, I'm sure), does this spell the demise of this unit?

From my prior instance, I believe this to not be a user-serviceable, or, likely, even a local shop rep-serviceable, event. The tech, who I regard as very competent, declined to get inside the unit in this case.

So, I assume it will go back again. My recollection is foggy as to what was the issue, but I *think* that it was a ribbon cable. If that is a recurrent failure, it seems that some more permanent solution might have, by this time, be achieved.

Is there hope for my MFD? Is there anything =I= can do in the time between now and when we return to where we could comfortably wait while we ship it off?

L8R

Skip
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
C120 Classic MFD cursor key - skipgundlach - 09-27-16 09:02 AM