Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voyage Planner Waypoint Entry Question
10-04-16, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-16 09:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Voyage Planner Waypoint Entry Question
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Doug,

Q1) Can I enter waypoint Lat/Long coordinates via keyboard to "move" or correct the location of an existing waypoint OR can I create a waypoint with the mouse/cursor then add or correct a waypoint by coordinates/keyboard entry?
A1) Voyage Planner permits users to create waypoints and then numerically edit the coordinates of such waypoints. When creating a route, should the waypoint be shown on the chart, then Voyage Planner will permit the user to click on displayed waypoints to include them as the route is being created. Should the coordinates of a route waypoint need to be changed after the route has been created, then the waypoint's coordinate's may be either numerically edited or the route's waypoint may be graphically dragged to the desired location.

Q2) Along these lines, instead of the Voyager Palnner, can I create a route on the iPad App, transfer it to the e125, correct the handful of waypoints with an onscreen keyboard, then save the file and transfer it BACK to the iPad app? I tried something similar by altering a route on the iPad AND changing it's name but this "new" file is not synced with the iPad. Why??
A2) Please note that Raymarine does not offer any tablet/smartphone based navigational planning tools. Questions concerning the performance and features of third party planning products with respect to synchronization with the MFD should be addressed to the third party planning software manufacturer. Should the MFD receive waypoints and routes from a third party planning product, then the coordinates of such waypoints may be edited via the MFD's user interface.

Q3) Also, can I open existing routes that are on the iPad app/e125 on Voyage Planner and modify those and save it as a new route and the put it back on the e125?
A3) Should the route be imported into Voyage Planner and its name then be changed, then it will essentially be a new route and may be modified to achieve the end sought within this question. The new route may then be exported from Voyage Planner and then imported into the MFD's memory.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Voyage Planner Waypoint Entry Question - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-04-16 09:29 AM