The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E80 Classic to RNS 6.2
12-04-16, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-16 12:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
E80 Classic to RNS 6.2
I am trying to interface an E80 Classic display to RNS 6.2 (on a Windows 10 laptop, via wifi). The primary motivation is to display radar images on a small tablet that I can carry around the boat. I think I am close but not sure if it is possible. The E80 is connected to a travel router (acting as a switch) which connects wirelessly to both my laptop and the marina wifi (the latter is not important). I am using an original Raymarine shielded cable that plugs into un unshielded port on the router. However, I do get the physical layer as the lights light up.

The E80 diagnostic screen says IP 10.0.59.173 / 255.0.0.0 and there is no apparent way to change it. So if I set the router to serve via DHCP 10.0.59.[censored] / 255.0.0.0, I get the laptop and the E80 on the same subnet. I can ping the E80 from the laptop and the E80 recognizes that a Device called Raytech is attached to the system. However, I cannot get the radar image to carry over or the GPS signal. I get a lot of UDP traffic and very little if any TCP traffic.

I believe that the next step should be to get a laptop with an Ethernet card and see if I can make it work without the wifi, then go to the complexity of wifi. Still my questions are:

1. What logic does the E80 use to setup the IP address space? Is it a DHCP server or does it expect anything special? I cannot use the supplied network settings program because I need to set the parameters on the router via a web interface.

2. Has anyone been able to do this? It seems straightforward but has not been mentioned in the forums.

3. Do you believe downgrading to Windows 7 may help?

On the other hand, the RNS 6.2 software, coupled with a touch tablet works really well. You get amazing functionality much better that recent touch displays and apps by Raymarine. I just wish I could get the radar image there as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
E80 Classic to RNS 6.2 - vshtonov - 12-04-16 05:20 AM
RE: E80 Classic to RNS 6.2 - vshtonov - 12-09-16, 01:09 PM