Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition
01-17-17, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-18-17 05:19 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Andre,

From what I could determine using the LH Brazil cartography (see the succession of screen snapshots below duplicated with a MFD running v17.46 software), it appears that the symptoms which you have reported are indicative of there either being no higher resolution cartography available for the area in question (screen snapshots below from an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD running v17.46 software). Based upon my experience, I believe that the problem is most likely rooted in the Brazilian HO not having electronic raster cartography of higher resolution for the depicted area. The LH Charts developer has confirmed that higher resolution cartography is not available for the area which is being over-zoomed. However, the latest Brazil LH Charts update is expected to have more coverage in this area and may be available to download within a week. Accordingly, is recommended that the LH Charts Store be checked periodically to determine when updated Brazil LH Charts have been released.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lighthouse Chart with poor image definition - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-17-17 04:50 PM