Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
02-06-17, 11:09 AM
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ?
Ryan,

Q: Can I interface this transducer (Part manufacturer: Maptech Part number: 105-0401-S, Connections: (1) 5-pin male; Airmar #: 44-088-1-01, 170kHz) into my new system, perhaps with an ITC5?

A: I believe that the transducer is an Airmar smart transducer, cable of functioning as a NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 smart depth sensor ... recommend verifying with Airmar, Inc.. Accordingly, the transducer may not be used with the iTC-5. Should the specification for the transducer have indicated that it was designed to operate at 200kHz, then there may have been a possibility were it not a smart transducer. Should Airmar confirm that the transducer is a smart transducer supporting NMEA 2000 communications protocol, then it would be recommended that it be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone formed by the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Should an additional spur socket need to be added to the system to support interfacing the NMEA 2000 transducer, then please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to interface third party devices having a NMEA 2000 communications interface to a SeaTalkng backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: E120/SeaRay Navigator Upgrade ? - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-06-17 11:09 AM