Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video
02-16-17, 09:23 AM
RE: Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video
Derek,

Q1: So I understand clearly - connect the head unit (Fusion AV750) to the back of either ES screen via ethernet cable (cat 5) then just run the remote screens via back bone?
A1: Correct

Q2: If I do it this way will I have to have the Raymarine system powered up and on to use the Fusion system? There are times where I wouldn't want the Navigation system on such as at anchor sitting for extended periods of time. That's why I was going to run the whole thing via the back bone then I could just have the back bone powered.
A2: Should it be desired to use the remotes when the Raymarine MFD will be powered OFF, then it would be recommended that one of the following alternative installation methods be used:
- the Fusion head unit remain interfaced via Ethernet to the Raymarine System and that the Fusion head unit and remotes each be interfaced as spurs to a dedicated backbone which will only feature the Fusions entertainment components.
- the Fusion head unit instead be interfaced as a spur to the backbone rather than via Ethernet to the Raymarine system. Care should be taken to ensure that the head unit is installed using the unpowered Fusion spur cable specified within the previously referenced FAQ. When using the remotes, the SeaTalkng backbone must be powered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fusion AV750 and Raymarine ES 127/128/97 Video - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-16-17 09:23 AM