Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
release date of lighthouse 3 software for A98
02-24-17, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-17 01:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: release date of lighthouse 3 software for A98
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum snakedriver,

Q1: want to install a new AXIOM 9" 3d to my current system of a98 and a97. Which of my displays would you recommend replacing?
A1: Thanks for the interest in Axiom and LightHouse 3. We expect the first Axiom displays with LightHouse 3 to be in dealers at the end of March or early in April. Of course that can be subject to change as we get the final tweaks and polishing done, but we are really looking forward to getting them in customers’ hands soon.

We are also planning to offer a LightHouse 3 update for your a97 and a98 units later this summer that will allow both of them to network with the new Axiom series. Until that software is released you’ll want to keep your units running independently. The good news about it is that it will be as simple as connecting a RayNet network cable between one of you're a-Series and the Axiom when its ready. If fact, you’ve already got the cable run since you’re considering take one of the other of your current units off the boat. We’ll have more information coming on LightHouse 3 upgrades for current products in the next few months. Stay tuned for details.

As for which unit to replace on your boat, that is a tossup. The DownVision and high CHIRP of your a98 are a standard part of the Axiom RealVision 3D system. You probably don’t need those doubled-up. The SideVision provided by your CP200 would also become redundant once you have Axiom installed. Your thought that the a97 might remain valuable for powering the analog 50/200 kHz transducer for high speed running is a very valid point too.

If I were in your situation, I think I would remove the a98, CP100 transducer, CP200 and CPT200 transducers. Not only will that make space for Axiom on your helm, but it is also a very capable and compelling package that you could offer up for sale to someone else looking to upgrade. Plus, the new owner will be able to take advantage of the LightHouse 3 update too so he’ll feel like he got a really good deal too.

One other thought to consider. If you have the space, you could keep all three screens. Wouldn't it be a really killer setup to be able to view 3 apps in a full screen presentation? Picture in your mind’s eye fishing with 3 full-screens of HD bathymetric chart, RealVision 3D, and CHIRP Sonar.

With a setup like that I suspect that the amount of “fishing” you do would drop dramatically, but the amount of “catching” would increase by several orders of magnitude!

Good luck with your system. I don’t think you can go wrong no matter which way you choose to go.

Q2: What is the expected release date of the lighthouse 3 software update for the A series so I can do this?
A2: Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: release date of lighthouse 3 software for A98 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 02-24-17 01:41 PM