Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] SeaTalkng spur extender
03-02-16, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-20 07:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [DG11] SeaTalkng extender
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Lew,

Up to three SeaTalkng devices may be daisy-chained to one another using SeaTalkng Spur Cable. The i50/i60/i70/ST70 Instrument Displays and p70/p70R/ST70 Autopilot Control Heads feature two SeaTalkng spur ports to permit them to be installed in this manner. The maximum total length of a SeaTalkng spur (inclusive of all daisy-chained SeaTalkng devices) is 5m. Raymarine does not offer "Spur Extenders". Instead, Raymarine offers SeaTalkng Spur Cable in various lengths up to 5m. Should a SeaTalkng device be located more than 5m from the currently installed SeaTalkng backbone, then the backbone must be extended to within 5m of the SeaTalkng device. To do so, the termination plug would be removed from one end of the currently installed backbone and would be replaced with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable. The other end of the SeaTalkng Backbone Cable would then be fitted with a SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector to permit the SeaTalkng device's Spur Cable to be connected. The previously removed SeaTalkng Termination Plug would then be installed within the remaining backbone socket ot the SeaTalkng T-Piece or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connector.

To learn more about SeaTalkng networking, click here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DG11] SeaTalkng extender - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 03-02-16 08:43 AM