Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
05-14-17, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-15-17 08:45 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
Well after several trolling charter trips, I concluded that the auto pilot worked well enough holding the coarse "line of site" and that I could live without the convenience of the Track mode. As I mentioned earlier the data boxes all had the required data indicated, but when asked to track to a waypoint that I had selected on the plotter to go to, I would get the "No Navigation Data" message and beep.

Now, all of a sudden I don't even get any communication at all with my other systems which at least were being displayed before. What the heck! I knew something was up when I turned the pilot on and I got a unfamiliar "no speed data" warning/error message right away. But the pilot continues to work well. Just no outside information anymore. Depth, speed, nothing. I checked the Sea talking converter LED and it no longer blinks as it did before but now remains solid green.

If I can't get the track to work (Not interested in downgrading software nor do I have a late model MFD to do upgrades or downgrades with) the other data in the data boxes is meaningless to me as I don't need just another repeater. Can I just use the pilot as is? I'm guessing it received speed info long enough to do the auto learn requirement for a properly operating pilot. Would that be correct? Interestingly enough, the pilot at trolling speed (1.5mph to 2.2 mph) seems to perform even better then before! Before the boxes went blank, the pilot held well but seemed to do a lot of see sawing and was working unnecessarily hard. Now the pilot is dead silent and only making the rare correction when needed to hold coarse. I'm thinking of locking the settings and just calling it good. It really don't need constant GPS heading coarse or constant speed input after auto learn has been completed, does it? -Walt-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS - Walt - 05-14-17 07:45 PM