The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
03-16-17, 08:15 PM
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS
I just installed a new EV 200 system pack auto pilot system to my 30 ft. twin engine inboard boat. I have 2 older Raymarine displays on the boat that I really like. I have a color L770 PLUS fish finder/chart plotter linked together with a color RL80C PLUS PATHFINDER radar that I transfer my chart plotter data to and overlay radar on to. I also have a older Raystar 120 GPS supplying GPS data to both units. Everything communicates very well with each other on the older Sea Talk system. That older Sea Talk of coarse has its own 12 volt power source introduced to that network to make it work.

I just want to double check if I can connect this new pilot to this older display/GPS system. I think I need to use the E22158 converter kit you offer. Correct? (connected by a short backbone cable to the new Sea Taking block that makes the system pack work) If so, I know you can only have one 12 volt power supply to the network. Do I then connect the 12 volt power to this converter and then not the EV 200's Sea Talking network? (consisting of ACU 200, EV-1 and a P70Rs control head) Will this power everything on the old Sea Talk system and the new Sea Talking system both? That isn't too many pieces linked all together on one overall big system?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Interfaceing EV 200 to older Raymarine Displays/ GPS - Walt - 03-16-17 08:15 PM