The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST6000 Disengaging to Standby
03-22-17, 09:19 AM
ST6000 Disengaging to Standby
I have the ST6000 system which has worked flawlessly until one day it defaulted to Standby. Then randomly did it again. Then it instantly went to Standby each time I tried to engage Autopilot.

At the time I had not changed anything on the boat so could not understand why this all of a sudden started happening.

I engaged the local marina staff to troubleshoot. They also connected with Raymarine staff to get advise on tests to be done.

This included testing source voltage and also testing the motor while not connected to the computer unit. All those tests passed.

Power and motor + and - were reconnected and in testing the autopilot it worked again. We deduced it may have been a short in the computer box area.

On first 4 hour trip it worked flawlessly. On second trip it began to randomly default to Standby. Then after a while went instantly to Standby on every attempt to engage Autopilot.

In the meantime all new house batteries have been installed.

Ideas for next steps in solving this would be appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
ST6000 Disengaging to Standby - deboyes - 03-22-17 09:19 AM