Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
G Series speed data input
05-31-17, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-17 04:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: G Series speed data input
David,

Q: I DO NOT HAVE THE "PREFERRED GPS SOURCE" I assume THAT is hat I need to set to get the gps speed to show on the databar.
A: Incorrect. Like MFDs offered during the manufacturing period of the GPM400, this product did not support multiple data sources. In systems of this manufacturing period, it was recommended that the system be interfaced to a single source of any type of data (ex. GPS, wind, depth, speed through water, rudder, etc.). In short, should the system be reporting that it is receiving a GPS position FIX, then it has a source of SOG data and no GPS selection would need to occur. Should the system be reporting that it is getting a GPS position FIX and should the vessel be moving, then SOG will be reported as a numerical value. However, should either be reporting that it is not getting a GPS position FIX or should the vessel not be moving, then SOG may be reported a -.-. When customizing the Databar, and after having selecting the Databar's cell to be modified, Vessel will be selected from the list of Data Groups displayed (the Data Group listing may vary based upon the version of software installed within the GPM400), and then COG SOG will then be selected from the list of GPS data items.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
G Series speed data input - dmahler - 05-31-17, 06:41 AM
RE: G Series speed data input - dmahler - 05-31-17, 12:32 PM
RE: G Series speed data input - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-31-17 02:29 PM
RE: G Series speed data input - dmahler - 05-31-17, 03:57 PM
RE: G Series speed data input - dmahler - 06-19-17, 09:58 AM