Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom ?'s
06-20-17, 02:37 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s
Dave,

Q1. Back to my original question concerning the axiom spec for rear clearance... it states 6.22" using right angle connector. what connector is this referring to??

A1. Raymarine does not offer a right angle NMEA 2000 cable as indicated within my prior response. However, to support applications having tighter clearances behind the MFD than may be supported with the supplied R70523 Straight Power/NMEA 2000 Cable, Raymarine offers the R70561 Right Angle Power/NMEA 2000 Cable (found within the Axiom Cables / Accessories List).

Q2. You said in your last response that any manufacturer's DeviceNet micro-c cables are compatible. These are 5 pin connections, and I can readily find them from a few suppliers. The NMEA 2000 connection on the back of the Axiom is an 8 pin connector... evidently in order to additionally supply power to the unit. I don't see this connector available anywhere, right angle or not, nor can I even figure out what it is called?? I understood from your last post that the point of getting away from seatalkNG was to make things more compatible with industry standards, but this seems to be a unique socket. So the question remains: what right angle connector is the 6.22" clearance based on? Maybe this is just a generic statement, but to state a measurement to the hundredths of an inch seems odd if there isn't a specific cable which the spec is based on.

A2. Should you examine an Axiom Power/NMEA 2000 Cable, you will find that it features a proprietary plug which will mate to the Axiom MFD's Power/NMEA 2000 socket. The other end of this cable features a cable terminated in a DeviceNet (M) Plug and bare leads for +12VDC, -12VDC, and drain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-09-17, 08:13 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-16-17, 04:44 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s - DaveE - 06-20-17, 12:58 PM
RE: Axiom ?'s - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-20-17 02:37 PM