The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EV-100 Installation
07-20-17, 08:20 PM
EV-100 Installation
I am in the process of commissioning my EV-100 autopilot. I have several questions number one is:

Do I need speed and GPS heading sensors? I read on the forum that the system is heavily dependent on this data. I have neither, I was under the impression that I could use this system as an independent unit to hold a straight course until I purchase additional equipment. At this point that's all I wanted.

During the dockside setup, all electronics seems to be working, all components are discovered on the network with up to date software. I do not have a rudder reference sensor.

Going through the commissioning manual (Document 82285-5), that's the small document I downloaded.

Section 1. System powered up and down OK

section 2, I selected Power as the vessel type (32 Bayliner)

Section 3.1, I selected Drive type 1 (I have a 0.5 drive motor but its not listed on the menu????)

Section 3.3, I left the rudder limit to 30 degree default

Section 3.4, I just hit save since I do not know it at this point.

Section 3.5, The rudder moved to port and Starboard but only slightly, it did not move the full distance, I said yes to both questions in this section anyway since it did not say how much movement I should expect.

Section 4, Adjusting the hard over time, here is where I am lost and got totally unsatisfactory results.

I placed the rudder to full port in standby mode then in auto mode changed the course by 90 degrees (p70Rs) as per instructions, the rudder began to move to starboard very slowly and intermittently (like small incremental motion) not a continuous motion. Basically stop and go. In about 11 seconds it moved about 1/3 to starboard then stopped. I changed course a bit more in the same direction but no movement. I was expecting it to move the rudder continuously to full starboard and that would be my hard over time.

Section 5, Compass linearization I did not attempt this since I was not satisfied with the dockside commissioning. That is, I have not entered the hard over time and I read the warning about impacting the rudder end stops.

Please advise on how to proceed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
EV-100 Installation - colbournee - 07-20-17 08:20 PM
RE: EV-100 Installation - colbournee - 07-30-17, 08:42 AM
RE: EV-100 Installation - colbournee - 07-30-17, 08:53 AM