The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder reversed / heading inaccurate / pilot veers
09-13-17, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-17 11:07 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Rudder reversed / heading inaccurate / pilot veers
First let me apologize for my keyboard. My zero key has stopped working, so I'm forced to use an O in place of my zero. I have an e95 chart plotter, i7O, p7O, EV-1, EV-4OO autopilot, iTC-5, ST-6O, and Airmar speed and depth transducers. My electronics package was installed (or he had it installed, not sure] by the previous owner in 2o15. It was a brokered sale and I never met the previous owner. After purchase I discovered that there were tons of little issues with the electronics not quite working right. The autopilot would randomly make unexpected turns. The heading is always around 2o degrees off from what my compass says. The boat on the chart plotter display doesn't point in the direction I'm traveling, but I'm guessing off about the same degrees as the heading is from the compass, so as a result the chart plotter shows the boat going slightly sideways through the water. Last Saturday my software updated for my autopilot, and after it restarted the rudder sensor was reversed. Some times my heading reading is different on my e95 and my p7O, although that one hasn't happened lately. I thought my heading and random turn issues might have been due to the fact that the EV-1 was mounted with my compass 6 inches on one side, and a 6x9 speaker with large magnet 1.5 feet on the other side, so I bought a longer spur cable and moved it so it is more than 3 feet from anything magnetic, but the issues are still the same.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Rudder reversed / heading inaccurate / pilot veers - jeffk651 - 09-13-17 12:19 AM