The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DST800 flap
10-16-17, 11:58 AM
DST800 flap
I installed the depth, speed, temp DST800 in March 2017. Boat was back in the water Late June 2017 and has remained so since. When I'm not sailing I remove the transducer and insert the blank. When I sail, 2 days a week, I take out the blank and insert the transducer - in SF Bay leaving the transducer in will see it clog up with critters in no time (less than a week). Removing the transducer and blank have been effortless with very little water ingress. Friday I went sailing - going out for a couple of days- at dock I tried to remove the blank to insert the transducer and the blank was really difficult to take out - when it did come out water really gushed up. Putting in the transducer was difficult too - it did t seem to want to seat correctly and water kept oozing in. I re-set it in the [censored] twice and finally water stopped and all was good. Sunday I removed the transducer- came out easy- but water just gushed in again as if the flapper was not there. Without hauling the boat to check is there a way to see what's happening down there?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
DST800 flap - tomsp - 10-16-17 11:58 AM
RE: DST800 flap - tomsp - 10-18-17, 07:41 PM