The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking
11-08-17, 09:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-14-20 09:11 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking
I have an Axiom 12 (no sonar) and will be adding an Axiom 9 (basic no sonar) to my network. If I understand the user manuals and other forum information correctly the Axiom 9 on my flybridge should be a repeater display connected to the HS network via my 8 channel HS Switch and should not be connected to the Raynet / 2000 serial network. Both Axioms are running 3.2.97.

Is this correct and if so will ALL data present on the Axiom 12 at the pilot house console be replicated on the Axiom 9 via HS? Should I disable the local GPS capability of the Axiom 9 or can it be used locally?

I have a full new suite of EVO Autopilot, 2 P70R displays / autopilot control, Ray Sirius XM receiver (HS interface), Quantum Radar (HS), CP 370 depth sounder (HS) and WindSpeed / Direction I-60 based, ACU and rudder indicator all updated. I have a 2nd party AIS transponder that is connected via NMEA 2000 adapter cable to Raynet and works very well.

Please let me know if I can expect this dual Axiom 12 / 9 system to function normally with HS and Raynet working side by side. I attempted to use a Raynet to SeaTalk network adapter to connect one last Seatalk display (depth) to the Raynet network but my Axiom 12 gave me serious errors for data master and would not function with the adapter connected to the Raynet bus.

Help with properly networking my new Axiom 9 with my existing Axiom 12, any data display limitations, reason for the failure of my Seatalk to Raynet adapter (5 connectors) would be appreciated. I have also previously reported CP 370 depth display problems with my Axiom 12 - no depth displayed if fish finder app is not running.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 12 and Axiom 9 Networking - vacantid - 11-08-17 09:35 PM