Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Upgrade
11-15-17, 08:33 AM
RE: System Upgrade
From DFMOTT:

Aloha Chuck,

Thank you for the call and the extensive conversation today. I am happy to report that I went to the boat today and I was able to snake a blue backbone cable through the [censored] in the pipe without issue (I had a short length but it reached the trouble spot and went through.) So I am set with the wiring. Should have no issue getting both cables through and splicing them - I will use the E55060.

I found the switch on the EV200 to turn the power off (thank you - I would have not remember it was there). I will add a 5 amp breaker on the new power lead before connecting.

I called AIRMAR and order the mix and match cable for the CP370 (on it's way). Is the difference in connectors because one is 1000W and the other 600W?

Last question - I don't believe you answered - is it ok to have the CP370 go to one RAYNET connection and the radar unit to the other on the back of the ES97. It seems reasonable to me but there are lots of diagrams with a switch with only 2 Raynet connections.

I thought about it and decided to revert back to my original decision of using the Quantum. I think it is a better choice for me. I was only considering the Radome because of the advice posted on this forum. However, short range is more important than long range. We have many canoers here that are at times hard to spot and track, and the the other features (low power, fast start-up, light weight) are appealing. Not a lot of birds here either. All of the reviews I have read have said the performance is impressive.

Thanks again for your help!

Mahalo,

Don
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
System Upgrade - DFMott - 11-11-17, 03:21 PM
RE: System Upgrade - DFMott - 11-13-17, 04:38 PM
RE: System Upgrade - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-15-17 08:33 AM
RE: System Upgrade - DFMott - 12-11-17, 02:37 PM