Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
12-11-17, 10:31 AM
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
Q1. my understanding is since I do not have a existing seatalk network that I will be doing to following: My Axiom 9 screen has a device net plug coming out of the same plug that has its power wire. I will connect that to the Devicenet female to Seatalk adapter (A06045) which will then connect to one of the 3 open middle plugs of the 5 way connector. The two end plugs on the 5 way connector will have the sea talk backbone terminators. One of the middle 3 open plugs on the 5 way connector will have the Seatalk power cable and the remaining open plug will have the sea talk spur cable that came with the Ray70 connected to it.

A1. Correct.

Q2. Does my other Axiom 9 Screen also have to be connected to the Seatalk backbone for it to display the AIS info from the Ray70? Or will my first Axiom 9 MFD share the info as it would share the sonar and radar data? Sonar is hooked up directly to my first axiom 9 mfd, radar is plugged into the HS-5 along with both Axiom 9 MFDs.

A2. Only the MFD which will be designated at the systems Data Master MFD need be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone. When MFDs are interfaced to another via Ethernet communications (as is accomplished by interfacing the radar transducer and each MFD to the HS-5 RayNet Network Switch), then all resources and data will be shared among the system's MFDs.

Q3. N/A.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-11-17 10:31 AM