The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Not Saving Quantum ID and PW
12-01-17, 08:19 PM
Axiom Not Saving Quantum ID and PW
I have a new Axiom 12 and a wifi/hardwire Quantum radar. I'm trying very hard NOT to have to run the data cable between the MFD and the radome, since the power is coming off the old analog radar cable and running a new data cable would be a difficult and costly job.

I have updated the MFD to the latests Lighthouse s/w.

Using the wifi to connect the MFD and the radar, the radar continues to be very intermittent. It will connect briefly, then drop the connection, which then takes a long time and several tries to re-connect.

Part of the problem seems to be that the Quantum pairing function can't seem to remember the Quantum's SSID or password! I enter the codes, being careful to hit save in both cases. Sometimes the Quantum connects; sometimes it doesn't. After connecting, if I try to use any of the radar functions, it disconnects. I finally discovered that at least part of the problem is that, even with the MFD power staying on, the pairing function loses the Quantum's SSID and password.

How do I get those codes to stay in the MFD's memory even when the power is turned off?

BTW, I THINK the installer put the MFD, sounder and radar all on one circuit breaker. Is that a problem?

Thanks for your help!
Oldersalt
Grand Banks 32 1990
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom Not Saving Quantum ID and PW - oldersalt - 12-01-17 08:19 PM