The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9 transducer placement
12-03-17, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-17 03:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9 transducer placement
I have an Axiom 9 with the RV 100 transducer. I am mounting the transducer on a pontoon boat that we use to fish for hybrids and stripers. The mounting brackets for a transducer on the pontoon are midway on the log(aluminum bracket welded to the center of back of the toon) on either port or starboard side. Is this going to be a decent location for the transducer? It would be a safe location not to be damaged by anything in the water or putting on the trailer, but will it be a satisfactory for side ,down and 3d imaging? Should the transducer be mounted level with respect to the water >not the way the boat sits in the water? Will it matter which side to mount it on? I prefer starboard behind the driver seat. This pontoon is a sterndrive not an outboard. Thanks for any info, David
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Axiom 9 transducer placement - echo8287 - 12-03-17 11:08 PM