The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom to Furuno 511 Navpilot
12-22-17, 01:09 PM
Axiom to Furuno 511 Navpilot
I just upgraded from an old Raymarine RC435 chartplotter to an Axiom 9" MFD and Quantum radar. The old chart recorder would broadcast GPS position data via the NMEA 0183 to the Furuno 511 Navpilot autopilot system. With the new unit in place, I have put in a NMEA 2K backbone and installed a AMEC NK-80 NMEA 2K to 0183 bridge. My Axiom is now getting at least the ships bearing data from the autopilot, but it does not get ship position data from the Axiom and I can not figure out how to send wavepoint data to the autopilot. According to the furuno it has received an APB (autopilot format B) and HDG (Heading - Deviation & Variation) sentence from the 2K to 0183 bridge. But, I don't get GLC (geo postion), GLL (Geographic position), GNS, or any other location data broadcasts from the Axiom.

My questions are:

Does the Axiom behave like older chartplotters and do a broadcast of that data on the NMEA 2K side? If so what packet is it sending?

Why is the autopilot enable disabled on the Axiom configuration settings? I assume that is why I can't broadcast out the wavepoint data to the Furuno any longer? Does the Axiom only enable this if a device identifies itself as an autopilot? What is needed to enable this option and to start broadcasting data to the Furuno?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Axiom to Furuno 511 Navpilot - elmoray - 12-22-17 01:09 PM