The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Confused about my C120/gps interface....
02-15-18, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 11:22 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wink [CA] Confused about my C120/gps interface....
Hello all,
Please pardon my ignorance here, but I need the benefit of some advice from the lightened among us.
I just bought a used C120 mfd with radome and gps antenna from a gentleman who was fortunate enough to be upgrading electronics priot to some major adventure.
However, I digress: my problem lies with connecting my gps to the mfd. the unit came with a black cable with a 5 pin connector, the cores of which are bare, red, green, yellow, and black ( I think). The gps antenna came with a fixed white cable, the cores of which are white, brown, green, and yellow.
Can I assume I just need to connect the two cables, and plug it into the corresponding socket on the back of the mfd for the gps to work, and if so ( here comes the tricky bit) which cores connect to each other? If it's not that simple, what do I need to do? I know I may be asking the relatively obvious, but I just forked out hard-earned cash for this unit and I don't want to mess it up.
Thanks in advance to all those willing to offer help and advice.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Confused about my C120/gps interface.... - Joe O'D - 02-15-18 12:29 AM