The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Quantum 2 RADAR without EV fastheading data
04-09-18, 10:34 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-18 08:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Quantum 2 RADAR without EV fastheading data
Hi,

I'm still considering updating my old Classic C80 MFD along with it's older Radar (I believe RD214) and trying to do all my homework.

In the Quantum2 installation manual, I see reference to the need for "Fastheading" data to support many features of the Quantum 2 Radar.

It mentioned the need for Heading data to support "Doppler Radar features" and "MARPA Radar features" and that the Heading data requires a compass or autopilot sensor providing "Fastheading" data.

It says to use a EV-1 or EV-2 to supply this information.

Considering that I never will need nor want any type of autopilot on my boat, I'm trying to understand what Radar functions I will lose if I don't install an EV-1? Since the Quantum2 is advertised at a Doppler Radar, will most of its functions become useless?

This need seems to considerably increase the cost of this system, and also seems to reduce the usefulness of the new Quantum 2 features if I don't install an EV-1.

Is there any documentation to help me understand exactly what features I will lose without the EV-1 in my system?

This requirement seems to add about $600 to $700 to the cost of the Quantum 2 Radar if no autopilot is being used. Is there a less expensive way to add the "fastheading" data?

Thanks for any help!
Rich
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Quantum 2 RADAR without EV fastheading data - imrich - 04-09-18 10:34 AM