The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer.
04-18-18, 04:06 AM (This post was last modified: 04-18-18 11:59 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer.
Hi everyone, I write you from Turkey. First of all I am sorry for my bad English. I have some questions for you. Ä°f you reply with a simple language I will be very pleased. We bought a new boat and mounted it a new Axiom7 RV with RV-100 transducer. Transducer was mounted rear and bottom of the hull and right side of the propeller. As the Raymarines users manuals. Mounted by the dealer's service. I am using my device for 2 months and gone fishing 8-10 times. I liked it really. But I have some problems and don't know about that is they are can be done by settings or about mounting problems. I talked to my dealers but they couldn't help me. Even They don't know more from me.
First of all, maybe I am not right but; After I read this forum, I understood that; Axiom 7 RV is generally used in the rivers and lakes. Not for usefull in the deep seas and offshores. We fish at the sea at aproximately 250 feet (75 meters) deph. 3D sonar doesnt work properly at theese depths. Also, We have no chance to select traditional sonar/chirp sonar. Only chirp sonar without hi-med-low options. Only Hi chirp sonar. ( Ä°f I am false please correct me) Because of these facts, I realise that ; Axiom 7 RV is more usefull in the rivers and lakes. ( is really so ? ) Ä°s axiom 7 was a wrong selection for me?

Another subject is,
We fish by jigging. We used dragonfly 4 pro before Axiom 7. Everytime we saw our jigs on the sonar screen while the jig goes down and coming up. Also we saw the fishes we cathed when we pull them out of water. But now, we cant see any our jigs and fishes while jigs going down or coming up on the Axiom sonar screen. I honestly repeat that we saw all our jigs on the dragonfly 4 and other brand of sonars. Dragonfly 4 's transducer was a portable transducer located center of the hull. we carry it with us after we finihed fishing. Do you think it is about location of the transducer?

My second qouestion about sonar is;
When the rock appeared on the screen, where the hull will be located? I mean, I want to send my lures top of the rocks on the sonar screen. But transducer located rear of the hull and when the rock appeared, did I pass the rock ? (I wish I could explain what I mean :) )

my third question is about transducer mounting angle;

My RV-100 tranducer is positioned 90 degree to the hull. Ä°s it ok. What is the best angle to the hull.

Ä°f you reply I will be pleased. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG] Axiom 7 with Rv-100 transducer. - ystaspinar - 04-18-18 04:06 AM