Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0.5 L Hydraulic pump spec discrepancy
07-28-16, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-16 03:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: 0.5 L Hydraulic pump spec discrepancy
Q1. Drive type: The unit lets me choose between Type 1 pump, wheel, and tiller. It does not give me the option to change to a Type 0.5 pump, which is what I have. Is this normal, or is this something that needs to be corrected?
A1. We have seen this as well with our office system. Our Repair Technician has specified that the Type 1 Hydraulic Pump option should be selected for the Drive type when a Type 0.5 Hydraulic Pump has been installed onboard.

Q2. Hard over time: What is the best way to determine the hard over time?
A2. It is recommended that pump's motor leads be disconnected from the ACU and instead be connected directly to a 12VDC power circuit. After driving the steering hard over to one side, reverse the motor leads and then count the number of seconds to hard over in the opposite direction.

Q3. I noticed that the unit seemed to "learn" as it did its course correcting, as it started holding a truer course and not over correcting. Does it save what it learns until it is re calibrated, or does it have to relearn every time the unit is powered off / restarted?
A3. The autopilot will continuously learn until the Calibration Lock feature has been configured to ON.

Q4. This is just out of my own curiosity, and corresponds with the "learning" described in the previous question. The unit is networked with my a78, so it has access to speed over ground from that unit I would think. The boat steers very differently at low / idle versus cruising speed. Does the pilot system take that speed information in to account when it is determining the appropriate amount of rudder to apply during a course correction?
A4. Yes. Unlike prior generations of autopilots speed through water or Speed Over Ground (used when speed through water is not available) is a key data item used by Evolution autopilots.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0.5 L Hydraulic pump spec discrepancy - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 07-28-16 01:54 PM