Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] multiple MFDs wiring
05-11-18, 03:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-18 03:43 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] multiple MFDs wiring
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum worthidc,

Comment regarding the Ethernet networking: What you have described would in no way be supported and I find it hard to imagine that it should work. Each MFD features a pair of Ethernet communications ports. This will permit the MFDs to be interfaced to up to two additional compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface without having to include a HS5 RayNet Network Switch. While the two MFDs may be joined to one another via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, the Digital Radar Cable would need to be interfaced to the remaining Ethernet Network poor of either of the MFDs. Each MFD must also be at the same software level ... v19.03 recommended for a/c/e-Series MFDs.

Q1. Do I need to connect the e95 and e125 via spurs to a backbone, or can I used a second raynet to get the two units sharing the radar data?
A1. Only the Data Master MFD will typically be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone. Radar imagery, sonar imagery, cartography, and other high bandwidth data are not communicated within the system via SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000. Instead, this and all other data from the SeaTalkng backbone is shared with the non-Data Master MFDs within the system via Ethernet communications with the Data Master MFD. See the response to Q1.

Q2. I had a dragonfly before this. is there a way to connect the dragonfly transducer to the MFDs??
A2. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing splicing of fishfinder transducer cables. Additionally, neither of the specified MFDs has internal high CHIRP sonar / DownVision fishfinder circuitry within it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] multiple MFDs wiring - worthidc - 05-05-18, 09:29 AM
RE: [CA] multiple MFDs wiring - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 05-11-18 03:42 PM