The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] C70 to Axiom 9 Upgrade
05-17-18, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-18 11:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] C70 to Axiom 9 Upgrade
I think I am going to upgrade my C70 classic to Axiom 9. I see there is an adapter plate for the C70 to the Axiom 9. I currently have my C70 mounted in my dash.

This is for a 28' Sea Ray day boat to run around the Barnegat Bay in NJ. I primarily want to do Fuel Management. I have the Fox Marine Engine monitor for my single engine. I currently have a hummingbird Depth finder (separate). There is a DSM connected to the C70 that is a fish finder that does Depth and Temperature. I am NOT fishing in the boat but like the Depth and Temperature option. Understand that DSM and transducer is probably outdated for the Axiom and will not work with it.

1. Is the footprint depth behind the Axiom 9 smaller then the C70. I have no room to go deeper. I see there are also mounting brackets for a flush type mount.

2. What do I need to get Depth and Temperature. Can I buy the MFD only and buy a transducer the following year since the boat is already in the water? Do I have to make the decision now if I want to add a Transducer or not ?

3. I am also interested in the Dock to Dock routing. Will it route me outside the channel via the fastest route in deep enough water to a waypoint ?

4. I have a Navionics Gold from 2012 in my C70. Would it be cheaper to buy Axiom with no Charts or Lighthouse Charts and do the upgrade option at Navionics because I have purchased in the past with them? I saw some sort of upgrade option if you had purchased with them in the past.

5. What is needed to connect a UNIDEN UM415 to the Axiom to get GPS information for DSC? I currently have a Statalkng to NMEA 0183 converter in my backbone the the C70 uses to get the engine information that I was unsuccessful in using for the C70 to Uniden VHF.

6. Do I need to purchase additional Wires to connect the Axiom to the SeaTalkng Backbone? Does the included with power plug into it ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] C70 to Axiom 9 Upgrade - Brad Smith - 05-17-18 02:30 PM