The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations
05-19-18, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-18 08:30 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations
I was wondering if you might be able answer the following questions for me please.

Backstory:
EV1, ACU200 and P70s installed on a SeaRay SedanBridge 52 replacing an older Raymarine course computer and head unit, type 1 hydraulic pump was kept from previous installation. This was done as part of a larger system upgrade.

After installing the new system the rudder and pump hunt continuously (underway and at the dock) around it's target position. This didn't happen with the old system from what I saw or as reported by the owner.

System is a hydraulic Hynautic servo/cylinder arrangement powered by the starboard main engine with a Seastar Helm connected to the servo cylinder. This has now been bled and no work was performed on it inbetween replacement of the autopilot system.

Rudder reference has been replaced, no change in behavior.
Factory reset and commissioning completed multiple times, no change in behavior.

Questions:

1. I've looked everywhere for the setting referenced in previous posts to decrease the rudder sensitivity(Deadband). Where is this accessed on the P70s please?

2. What further items can be checked or altered to make this work.

Thanks for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
(DG11) Rudder Pump Oscillations - PetrelMarine - 05-19-18 04:14 PM