Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Low, Medium or High CHIRP using Axiom Pro and RV-100 Transducer
06-11-18, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-18 02:34 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA11] Low, Medium or High CHIRP using Axiom Pro and RV-100 Transducer
bsikkel,

Q1. Is there a performance difference in the high chirp frequency between the RV-100 and the M265LH?
Q2. My primary concern is targeting suspended salmon from 50 feet down to 200 feet down . . . I'm assuming the High Chirp frequency is the best suited for this? Targeting lake trout on bottom is secondary.
Q3. Before purchasing the Axiom Pro, I was using a CP370 with an Airmar P66. It seemed to do a much better job marking suspended fish in my typical depth range than my new system does (the Axiom is great marking fish in less than 30 fow, but the fish marks are barely visible when fishing in 100 fow. I'm starting to wonder if it is primarily an issue with the cone angle being smaller with the CHIRP Transducers? Or is it that the medium CHIRP frequency would be better suited. I've played with the Axioms gain and sensitivity settings and that doesn't seem to make a difference.
A1, A2, and A3. The high CHIRP conical sonar feature common to RealVision, DownVision, and CPT-S transducers would typically be considered ideal for the application which you have described. That said, the higher power output of the 600W transducer (vs 20W), combined with the wider cone angle (45 degree vs 25 degrees), 600W/1kW 50kHz may indeed capture more fish within the cone and yield stronger returns. It would be expected that high CHIRP conical sonar would yield greater target and structure detail when operating within the specified depths.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA11] Low, Medium or High CHIRP using Axiom Pro and RV-100 Transducer - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-11-18 02:32 PM