The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Adding STng devices to backbone
06-18-18, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-18 11:02 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Adding STng devices to backbone
I have an a65 MFD with a SeaTalkng connection to an i50 tridata display via a five way connector strip which has the power supply cable occupying the third white socket. Both blue terminators are in place.

I also have an i60 wind which is connected to an ST2000+ autopilot via Seatalk 1 (yellow wire) to feed wind direction for sailing to a wind angle. These two have a separate common 12V supply feed.

In order to have the ST2000+ steer to track data from the a65 MFD, I plan to disconnect the SeaTalk 1 link and connect the i60 to the SeaTalkng network, adding an Actisense NGW1 to convert SeaTalkng track data to NMEA 0183 to feed to the ST2000+. The ST2000 will remain separately powered, and the i60 now powered from the STng network.

My question is this:

all three white sockets on the backbone are occupied, so can I connect the i60 to the second white socket on the i50 and the STng power to the second white socket on the i60, or some variation on that theme? This would avoid having to fit a second five way connector and a blue backbone cable. Or could I use the blue sockets to connect devices?

In essence I'm asking if STng devices can be daisy chained once or do they have to be individually spurred off the backbone? All devices are within a few feet of each other.

Many thanks

Paul

Attached File(s)
.jpg  STNG connections.jpg (Size: 364.17 KB / Downloads: 299)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG] Adding STng devices to backbone - Fastgrandad - 06-18-18 10:03 AM