The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W)
06-19-18, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-18 02:55 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W)
On my 2010 Sun Odyssey 36i - used for cruising / sailing - I have an all-Raymarine set of electronics coming from a couple of generations ago: C90W MFD inside, SPX pilot, ST70 tridata + pilot control - all mounted on a Seatalk NG network.

The only thing I've added over time is AIS receiver, via a Standard Horizon integrated VHF, connected to the MFD via NMEA 0183.

I'd like now to add an external MFD in the cockpit, and possibly a radar. I have a few questions if possible:
- what is the recommended MFD series for my setup? Opening Raymarine website I find several different series all current (Axiom, Axiom Pro, ES, GS, etc) but not clear what would be the best one
- are there compatibility issues with the rest of my equipment? Particularly around the AIS connected to the C90W... would I see AIS data on both MFDs? Or would you recommend connecting it in a different way?
- would the radar (quantum or QUantum 2) be visible from both MFD or only from one?
- do I need additional cables in the cockpit for the new MFD or can I connect it via SeaTalkNG from the signal arriving to one of the ST70? (I have an hub in the pedestal)

Thanks in advance for the support
Teo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Advice on electronics upgrade (new MFD + Radar from C90W) - Teodoro - 06-19-18 03:47 PM