The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade
06-21-18, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-18 03:57 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade
I have a ST 60 wind instrument that is acting up. I have replaced the transducer once and had the instrument in for check a number of times. Only thing left to do is replace the cable.
So if I were to upgrade I believe the I 60 is a direct replacement. instrument cable and transducer.
For a little more I could go with a wireless transducer, remote instrument, and the wireless connectivity gateway. Can I use the old wind instrument as a repeater and leave it on the seatalk bus.?

for the most expensive way is top get a wireless transducer and wireless instrument. I think I would need to connect the wireless instrument to a seatalkng bus and remove the cable from the mast. Can I connect it to a nmea 2000 bus?

Can you tell me if the wireless solution has improved over the years. most reviews are not good on Tacktic equipment. I would be using it on a 40 ft sailboat. 54 ft mast
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Wind instrument issue and maybe upgrade - topcat - 06-21-18 08:34 AM