Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Axiom pro (internal cp470) chirp kHz sonar range
06-27-18, 02:30 AM
RE: [TG11] Axiom pro (internal cp470) chirp kHz sonar range
Hello Michael,

Good question, I'll agree that some of the specs are a little vague on that.

The Axiom Pro does do Chirp. It's not quite the same band coverage as the CP470, but does cover the full range of all the Airmar Chirp transducers that we supply, in the Low, Medium and High bands.

You are exactly right about dual-frequency, dual-range on both Axiom Pro and CP470: they will alternate pings on the two frequencies. This is the CP570's party trick, it can ping the two more-or-less independently, giving fast scroll on the shallow range whilst also pinging a deep range too. If that's the sort of thing you want to do regularly then your options would be:

1. Fit a CP570
2. Use the SS175L for the deepwater range and use the RV100's Chirp Sonar channel for the shallow-water range. This won't have the same depth performance as SS175H-W, but will ping at a faster rate than the SS175H-W would (at the same time as the SS175L.)

One other point: that combination of Axiom-Pro internal and SS175 isn't going to get the bottom at the deepest end of the depth range you mention (1100m.) That product combination will get bottom in probably 700m, but not much past that. If you want to see the bottom in 1100m then I'd say you should be looking at an R109/R111/R409/PM411/R509 type transducer, and a CP470 or CP570 (2kW). With R509 + CP570, I've seen the bottom in 3000m off Sydney.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Axiom pro (internal cp470) chirp kHz sonar range - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 06-27-18 02:30 AM