The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG] Replacement ST 60+ Tri Data Speed sensing housing
07-01-18, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-18 11:31 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG] Replacement ST 60+ Tri Data Speed sensing housing
I have a 2006 ST60+Tridata installation on my Leopard 43. When we first got the boat the speed sensor worked fine. When I got the boat back from Moorings in 2016 it didn't, it registered very low, never going above 4.5 kts. I tested the sender in a different location and it works fine. When the boat was out of the water, I could see the spinning wheel clearly and it appeared to be in the clear. Here is the bad part; while trying to extend the penetration of the spinning wheel further, I cracked the housing and now, at the very least, need a new sensor housing.
I am also completely puzzled as to why the speed function stopped reporting, there is a small chance Moorings added thickness to to the sensor area but as I said, it appears to protrude nicely from the hull. It is, and always has been, about 12" in front of the keel slightly offset.
Any thoughts on:
1. Where I can get a housing?
2. What my problem is?
3. Would the new, sensors work better/differently from the existing?

As always, thanks for the advice

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG] Replacement ST 60+ Tri Data Speed sensing housing - mmichaelbrown - 07-01-18 09:32 PM