The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Axiom 9 GPS slow to fix
07-09-18, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 08-20-19 09:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Axiom 9 GPS slow to fix
I've recently installed an Axiom 9RV w/o XDR w/ Nav+ E70367-00-NAG in my 48' Carver, with Quantum radar and RV-212 transducers. The MFD software is updated to v3.5.40. I find the results vastly better than my previous Raymarine analog products, and the Sidevision / Downvision is nothing short of amazing!

However, there are two problems:
- The GPS will take 10 to 15 minutes to fix after power up, and although about 6 satellites will be in green status at any given time, it will frequently lose fix while underway without warning.
- The date reported by my MFD is not correct, although the differential between GMT and my time zone has been set.

To troubleshoot this far:
- Problematic since installation, and issue existed prior and subsequent to reset and two software updates
- The supply voltage / ground has been verified with a Fluke meter, and is monitored on the MFD as a troubleshooting aid
- Transducer and power supply cabling is physically separated from other sources of interference
- Issue unchanged with or without transducers connected
- Issue unchanged with or without WiFi connection to the Quantum radar
- The VFH radio is not in operation when this happens
- The engines are diesel and mechanical injection
- The MFD is installed on the flybridge, and the Carver only has a bimini top
- No external interference seems to be in consideration, as the problem exists regardless of location

Any ideas what might be causing this? An external GPS antenna would seem unnecessary considering there is nothing but canvas between the MFD and the sky.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Axiom 9 GPS slow to fix - mseanowen - 07-09-18 03:58 PM