The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Raymarine st1000 push rod problem ?
07-26-18, 01:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-18 02:41 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Raymarine st1000 push rod problem ?
Can someone tell me what i can try to do to get the push rod on my auto tiller to move, i had it hooked up to the rudder tiller & set on a course of 179 degrees with the outboard motor running when a big wave hit our Macgregor 25 sailboat on the starboard quarter deck & turned the motor because i didn't have the steering friction bolt turned tight enough. In the chaos that followed i cannot explain what happened but it lost it's course & now the screen is lit & the numbers change when you push the 1 -10 buttons but the push rod doesn't move in or out. It looks to me like the rod is pushed in pretty far. I disconnected it & then hooked it back up & it beeps & the screen reads 1000 but no movement with the rod when i push any of the + - buttons. Is there a way to un jamb it or is it broken? I am not very knowledgeable about this unit or electronics for that matter & i just use it for setting a course so that i can leave the tiller from time to time. The unit has always worked fine until now & it really comes in handy & is WAY smarter than me & any advice would be greatly appreciated if it can be explained in simple terms. The boat & unit is on a mooring close by & i can get the serial number or any other info & reply back tomorrow, if necessary. Thanks for reading this & hopefully it'll be a simple fix !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Raymarine st1000 push rod problem ? - mickhodapp - 07-26-18 01:45 PM