Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
08-10-18, 02:35 AM
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100
Hello Char05,

Sorry for the delay replying - Sydney Boatshow got in the way.

The 'No engine data detected' message refers specifically to data coming from the ECI100: there is no need to run the Identify Engines setup if the engine data isn't coming via the ECI100.

You can connect NMEA2000 (I'm always explicit about NMEA2000 because we still get a lot of enquiries about NMEA0183) either with or without the ECI100. The ECI100 provides isolation, acts as a fuel accumulator and can resolve some common problems with the data within some engines' NMEA2000 implementations. If what's coming out of the engines is valid, accurate NMEA2000 data though, it often isn't absolutely required.

How exactly is your network connected at present? Can you draw a diagram and upload a photo of your drawing? It sounds to me as if even though you have the ECI in the STNG network (again, explicitly SeatalkNG, as distinct from original Seatalk1), the engine might not be connected through the ECI.

Regarding the missing data: we'll read it, if it's standard NMEA2000 and the data is there. What we would really need in order to be able to tell whether the data is in fact present, complete and accurate would be a log of the raw data. This can be captured using Lighthouse 2 MFDs, but not yet Lighthouse 3 (Axiom.) Probably your local Raymarine technical dealer can help you with a log of the data. With this log, we can read the raw data and see what's going on.

In the meantime though, I wouldn't suggest changing your cabling until we can see exactly what you have now.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Honda BF150, Axiom and eci 100 - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 08-10-18 02:35 AM