The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Sea talk Gateway physical installation question
09-28-18, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-18 09:08 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Sea talk Gateway physical installation question
I successfully connected my new Sea talk gateway to my Tack Tick micronet network and to my ST2000 plus auto pilot. It was extremely easy to setup.

My question is in regards to the physical installation of the gateway. The instructions call for mounting horizontally with the arrow pointing either forward or backwards but not to the side of the boat.

My sea trial was sailing using my wind instrument and autopilot under wind control with the gateway loose on the bottom of the cockpit. I tested every possible position with no impact on performance.

I would like to understand why it needs to be mounted horizontally and pointing forward when it woul be more useful to be mounted vertically and beside my wind instrument. With a vertical position I would be able to monitor the status led from the cockpit.

I almost did not purchase this gateway because of the mounting position.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Sea talk Gateway physical installation question - gougd - 09-28-18 03:56 PM