Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] A65 Compatability
11-20-18, 05:47 AM
RE: [CA11] A65 Compatability
Hi Tim,
The replacement displays can be either connected to SeaTalk, (the current i50 and i60 displays can operate on EITHER SeaTalk OR STng - but not both at the same time), so as you replace the ST60 displays, you will either need to extend the STng backbone to the new displays and then connect them into the backbone via spur cables, or use the new instruments in SeaTalk mode and connect them into the existing SeaTalk system.

There is an i60 Close Hauled wind display - this can also be connected to SeaTalk if preferred, although to be honest, it would be better to try to run as much of the system as possible on STng as it is a more efficient data system.

The i70 is a repeater and can be configured to show any of the data available on STng, you cannot connect transducer directly to it, you would need an itc-5 for the transducers, this then converts the analogue transducer data to STng and then the i70 is used to display this data as well as input the transducer calibration.

regards
Derek
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] A65 Compatability - morepower - 09-29-18, 02:06 AM
RE: [CA11] A65 Compatability - Derek - Raymarine - Moderator - 11-20-18 05:47 AM