The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Old ST60 and ST40 replacement by new i50 and i40 issues
10-03-18, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-18 01:04 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Old ST60 and ST40 replacement by new i50 and i40 issues
Gentlemen,

For almost 8 years I had an (now) old set of a ST60+tridata and a ST40wind wired by seatalk1. Also wired by seatalk1 I have a autopilot ST1000+ and a garmins GPS in such a way that autopilot can follow the compass, maintain the wind direction or steer to the active GPS waypoint. Also the power (12VDC) comes from sealtalk1.

Please see attached file "Old_Instruments.jpg".

But the ST60 and ST40 displays got damaged (cracks on the displays and many segments missing) then I replaced them with a i50tridata and i40wind. I kept the old sensors (speed, depth and wind) as well as the ST1000+ autopilot and the garmin GPS.

I also got a cable adapter for connecting the i50 to the i40 (seatalk1 to seatalkng).

Please see the attached file "New_Instruments.jpg".

The speed, depth and wind sensors remained the same.

But I forgot that the power connection, ST1000+ autopilot and the Garmin GPS remained on the boat wired by seatalk1. So I ended up with a seatalk1 connector on the boat side and a seatalkng connector on the ne i50tridata.

I checked the electrical continuity of the seatalk1 to seatalkng cable adapter so that I know the correspondence between the seatalk1 and seatalkng pins. So that I am figuring out that I can make a homemade seatalk1 to seatalkng adapter.

Please see the attached file "homemade Seatalk1 to NG adapter.png"

Worth mentioning that I live in Brazil and there is no stock of Raymarine adapters here (as far as I know).

Would you please confirm that my homemade adapter will work fine?
Or please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance

Thomas Shaw
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Old ST60 and ST40 replacement by new i50 and i40 issues - TLS - 10-03-18 07:00 PM