Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TG] [TG11] Upgrade to Lighthouse 3
06-27-19, 08:30 AM
RE: [TG11] Upgrade to Lighthouse 3
Hi Kirby,

Here is the page you start on to download the software, http://www.raymarine.com/software-update...gs-series/

Good luck on this. I really like the new software, but there are some pitfalls.

On your memory card, you can only have the Lighthouse 3 software file on the card. The download will give you charts and a text file too, DO NOT have those on the card when you go to do the upgrade.

Some "free advice" on this, at the risk of telling too much if you already know these things:

1. Read the differences in features between Lighthouse 2 and 3 very carefully. There are some big differences, like the older autopilots will not integrate with the new software at all. They still work via the network and waypoints, but no nice integration and I haven't figured out how to follow a route yet. Not a huge deal for me.

2. Read the FAQ and notices about other data integration, mostly with monitoring systems I think. I don't have those so it wasn't an issue.

3. Make sure your data (waypoints and routes) are backed up.

4. All this really says, read the notices and instructions VERY CAREFULLY.

5. Once you have done the upgrade, you have to do a Power On Reset on both units individually. I had reliability issues because I skipped this step.

6. To get good reliability with the new software running on the older hardware, I had to turn off all my tracks and deleted the old ones. I also have Sonar Logging off.

Again, good luck with the upgrade.

Best, Hube Hopkins
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] Upgrade to Lighthouse 3 - hubesail - 06-27-19 08:30 AM