Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] [TG11] How to connect es78 to DSM30, b744v, and more
10-23-18, 01:26 AM
RE: [TG11] How to connect es78 to DSM30, b744v, and more
Hello Markus,

Quote:1. I can use the BV744V and DSM30 by getting as new cable to go between the DMS30 and the es78. If that is correct, do you know what cable I need? (I am running LH2 on ther es78).
You can use A80276, 3m Raynet-STHS cable if that's long enough, or A80272 adaptor + whatever length Raynet cable if not. You can see the Raynet cable and adaptor options on the relevant tabs on http://www.raymarine.com.au/view/?id=5537

Quote:2. To connect the Marine radio, I just need a new cable, which I suppose is found in the es78 manual through the link you provided?
Please read the relevant part of the manual. NMEA0183 is a bare-wire connection, the eS installation manual gives wiring colours. The connection is via the eS's power cable. If NMEA0183 isn't something you're familiar with or it's not clear from the two products' installation manuals then I'd recommend getting an experienced installer to do this.

Quote:2. Doesn’t the es78 would allow me to use 2 transducers? If so, I might install the CPT100 on the transome for at anchor fishing, and use the BV744V when under way. (You are correct, the boat is shaft dual props).
Lighthouse 2 versions 10 and later supported multiple active sounders in a network at once, so yes, you could connect the DSM/B744V and CPT100 when stopped. Just for anyone else reading this, you can't connect two depth transducers to an eS directly, but can do one directly and one via a networked sounder module.

Quote:3. Purchase a digital radome to replace the current radar, use the existed power, connect to the es78 via wireless.
A Quantum radome, as mentioned in my first email. The Digital radome range cannot communicate wirelessly: they are compatible with the eS, but you'd need to run a new cable, so Quantum is easier.

Regards,
Tom

Raymarine since 1999.
Interests: Diagnosis of problems in sonar/fishfinders, NMEA2000, ethernet comms, autopilots, thermal cameras

Please don't PM me asking for direct support, please ask a public question instead so that others can see the question and answer. Forum posts will always be answered before PM requests.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TG11] How to connect es78 to DSM30, b744v, and more - Tom - Raymarine - Moderator - 10-23-18 01:26 AM