The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TG] 3rd party software request VNC client
10-06-18, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 10-07-18 08:52 PM by Tom - Raymarine - Moderator.)
3rd party software request VNC client
Dear Developpers,

I have just received my i70s kit and axiom RV and I am currently bench testing the whole system before installing on my boat.
As you might have understood from my previous features request I am looking for ways to record and enhance my sail racing tracking and logging with sensors.

To this effect I found that connecting a raspberry py with sensors and free software (openplotter + SystemK) allows to neatly expand the experience with features currently still missing (diagnostic and logging of nmea) on the axiom LH3 (I do understand developpment takes time, I do some myself).
It also allows to neatly translate NMEA data to IoT consumers such as smartwatches, etc by providing web sockets, etc..

All is fine except it would occasionally require a screen to check the logs or calibrate some sensors (mag, heel, temperature, pressure, rudder... etc..)
So essentially if I could have a VNC client on the axiom I could "remote control" my raspberry over wifi.. and would allow to have only one screen on board.

Finally since the 3rd app installation seems to be ruled out for the moment,
how do one develop directly for the axiom, is there an SDK, framework, documentation which can be downloaded somewhere?

Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
3rd party software request VNC client - sailshade - 10-06-18 12:14 PM