The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] [CA11] Merging old and New
10-17-18, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-18 10:40 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Merging old and New
I have an older setup (2004 vintage) in my current boat. I want to keep a couple of older ST1 components (depth display and autopilot) and upgrade the rest while maintaining interoperability.

I am removing the old HSB2 chartplotter/sonar and analog radar. I wish to keep the autopilot (all I need is a basic autopilot that can steer a route or to a waypoint) and keep the additional depth display.

In reading through old posts and faqs, I believe I have a design that will work, but would like some more knowledgeable eyes on it for anything I've missed.

I have already replaced the autopilot head with the P70R and have it working. I am in the process of replacing the older ST40 depth with the ST50. Next step is ripping everything else out and installing chartplotter, vhf, ais, and radar and getting them to communicate with the autopilot.

I'd greatly appreciate any comments on my proposed setup. I've attached an image of it. I'm concerned in particular with the autopilot as there is some ambiguous information on that between the ST1-STng manual and the faq on the subject that reads like the 150 and newer should work.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA11] Merging old and New - mjoplin - 10-17-18 04:02 PM