The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DG] [DG11] Interfacing es128 with NMEA v1.5 equipment
10-22-18, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-22-18 01:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[DG11] Interfacing es128 with NMEA v1.5 equipment
My 'new' sailboat has B&G 'Network' instruments (wind/speed/depth/data/repeater) daisy chained with Network cables. This can output NMEA 0183 v1.5
Also have B&G 'Network' Pilot connected to the system, this also can receive NMEA 0183 v1.5
NASA AIS ENgine 3 (2017), I believe this transmits NMEA0183 HS; this is connected at present to an older standalone plotter.

I have a new es128 MFD which I would like to interface to the above so that the MFD receives/displays wind/speed/depth/heading and AIS data, and hopefully also use this to utilise the collision avoidance and layline features; and also so the MFD sends waypoint and route info to the pilot to follow when in 'NAV' mode. I realise that the autopilot control feature of the MFD will not be available.

I also have dsc vhf but this needs mmsi reprogramming so this can wait till a later date.

Could you advise the best/most cost effective way to achieve this-do I need multiplexers/converters etc., or can I do this simply using the NMEA cables combined in the es 128 power/video/NMEA cable? If so, can you advise what connections should be made.
I am a bit familiar with the single ended/differential variation of NMEa v1.5 and v2, but no expert!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[DG11] Interfacing es128 with NMEA v1.5 equipment - Nandi - 10-22-18 09:29 AM